The Annual Fund generates revenue for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation to continue its mission of advancing public health utilizing the expertise of Registered Dietitians. Unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund are directed to the areas of greatest immediate need.
In 2012-2013, the Foundation has:
- Awarded 369 scholarships totaling $461,950.
- Announced the third $35,000 Research Grant funded by the Research Endowment.
- Provided over $297,000 in Research Grants.
- Granted $500,000 through the General Mills Champions® for Healthy Kids Grant Program.
- Expanded the Kids Eat Right effort.
- Provided nearly $185,487 in awards for dietetics professionals.
Supporting fundraising activities enables the Foundation to continue its leadership role in:
- Being the largest provider of scholarships and awards to dietetics professionals.
- Supporting dietitian-led research through the Research Endowment.
- Equipping dietetics professionals to help children learn lifelong healthy eating habits.