Did you know you can set-up a fundraiser for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation for your birthday or at any time throughout the year through Facebook? Academy members like Connie Diekman and Cathy Christie chose to celebrate their birthday in this fashion and raised donations to support their profession!
“While there are many worthy causes that merit support, the Academy Foundation is at the heart of what we do as a profession. Giving to the Foundation is a way to carry on the work of researchers, educators, students, and those affected by disasters through the disaster relief fund who need our help to progress in their careers as dietitians. I am excited to offer it as an option to my Facebook friends who know me and understand the passion I have for our profession!”
Catherine Christie PhD, RDN/LDN, FAND
Associate Dean & Professor, Brooks College of Health
University of North Florida
Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Foundation Treasurer
If you would like to show your support for our Foundation and get your friends and colleagues in on the effort, follow the five easy steps below to get it up and posted today. Gifts to our Foundation make an impact on hundreds of Academy members each year through scholarships, awards, research grants, fellowships and disaster relief efforts. We would not be able to do this without your generous support.
FIVE EASY STEPS TO SET-UP YOUR FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER:
- Open Facebook and go to your “home” page. Click on “fundraiser” located in the left side column tool bar to be taken through the set-up process.
- Chose the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation as your charity.
- Set your fundraising goal and timeframe. You are always able to increase the goal at any time.
- Invite people on your friends’ list that would have an interest in our Foundation or all of your friends. Repost and share often so more of your friends see the post.
- Thank people as they donate to encourage others to donate as well.