The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation is seeking two doctoral students for a remote summer research fellowship. The fellows will complete a mentored research experience with the Academy’s Evidence Analysis Center.
The fellowship begins on or around June 15, 2021.
The fellow will work closely with Academy’s Research, International and Scientific Affairs (RISA) team, who works to advance the profession by supporting and encouraging nutrition and dietetics research and providing innovative resources that empower practitioners to implement evidence-based practice.
Program of Work: With the support of the Academy’s RISA team, the fellows will conduct systematic reviews, using existing data within the EAC system, to evaluate the impact of medical nutrition therapy in patients >65 years of age with the following conditions:
Duration: This opportunity, available through a grant from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation, is a full-time fellowship role for 12 weeks (40 hours/week).
- One or more manuscript(s) submitted to a nutrition science, peer-reviewed journal
- Systematic reviews published within the Academy’s Evidence Analysis Library
- This fellowship work may also be leveraged to create abstracts and additional papers for publication.
- Currently enrolled as a doctoral student in a University nutrition and dietetics program.
- Doctoral students enrolled in universities within and outside of the United States are encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Be either:
- Currently credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Currently pursuing the RDN credential, evidenced by enrollment in an ACEND-accredited program leading to RDN examination eligibility
- Qualified applicants are required to demonstrate experience and proficiency in the following skills:
- R or SAS statistical analysis
- Conducting scoping or systematic reviews
- Additional desirable skills include:
- Ability to function at a high level
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
Fellowship Stipend: The Foundation will provide $10,000 Fellowship Stipends to each selected fellow. The stipend is based on the standard set by other Foundation fellowships. Additional benefits (health insurance, retirement, etc.) are not available for this position.
Deadline: Interested candidates should apply online by Monday, May 17 at 3:00 pm CT. Invitations to interview will be extended to select applicants in mid to late May.
At the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, we celebrate and support each other’s differences. Our goal as an organization is to build a diverse workforce that is representative of the members we serve. The Academy strives to cultivate organizational and professional values of equity, respect, civility and anti-discrimination. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace and an Affirmative Action employer.