This webinar took place on March 10, 2022.
The growth and expansion of health and well-being opportunities in food retail settings continues as supermarkets capitalize on their capabilities to provide solutions that meet consumer needs within the changing health care environment. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) working in food retail currently lead the food industry with strategic counsel, product innovation, recipe development, menu analysis, communications, marketing, employee wellness and more.
In this session, learn from food retail nutrition experts on how they got started in food retail and how they have evolved within their careers in the food industry to remain agile in an evolving consumer landscape of chronic disease prevention and health promotion through food, the digital uprise in health and well-being, and addressing food and nutrition security. The speakers will share their insights on how RDNs can add value to food retailers, solutions to overcome barriers, and resources to grow your career within the food retail industry, including a new Excelling in the Retail Food Industry certificate of training, Nutrition in Food Retail curriculum for dietetic students and interns, a program evaluation guide, infographics, printable handouts, and additional resources developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation.
Support for this webinar was funded through a grant from Walmart.
- Discover career pathways for RDNs in food retail and discuss strategies for incorporating health and well-being opportunities into food retail operations.
- Identify resources that students, RDNs new to the food industry, and advanced practitioners can use to develop their knowledge and skills desirable for careers in food retail.
- Describe examples of how RDNs can add value to food retailers
- 3.1.6 Takes an active role in sharing information and knowledge
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession
- 8.3.5 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends
- Allison Yoder, MA, RDN, LD, Nutrition in Food Retail Program Development Fellow, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Jillian Griffith, MSPH, RDN, LDN, Senior Business Developer, Underserved Populations, Amazon
- Emily Parent, MFCS, RD, LD, FAND, Health & Wellness Manager, Coborn’s, Inc.
- Stacey Loftus, RDN, LD, E-commerce Supervisor, Omaha District, Hy-Vee, Inc.
Slide Handout: Download the slides for this webinar.
CPEU: Complete this form after watching the webinar to earn 1.5 CPEU.
- This activity is approved for 1.5 CPE by the Academy and CDR.