This webinar took place on January 11, 2023.
COVID-19 forced many nutrition and food assistance programs to adapt to meet the changing health and safety needs of the populations who relied on them. Join the Academy Foundation for a free webinar to hear the stories of RDNs working in Food Banks and other feeding programs and the creative ways they got nutritious groceries and meals into the hands of neighbors who needed it most.
Discover crosscutting strategies, identified through in-depth case studies of emergency food assistance programs developed as part of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation’s Accelerating Food Security Supply Chain Innovation Fellowship, for feeding large numbers of people during the pandemic and how that translates into future directions as we emerge from the pandemic and create a new normal.
Support for this webinar was made possible through an educational grant from the National Dairy Council.
- Identify trends in food security from before the COVID-19 pandemic to the present
- Describe novel responses to providing emergency food assistance that were implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic
- List cross-sector strategies that enabled charitable feeding program/organizations to respond effectively and efficiently to COVID-19 related impacts
- 4.2 – Reflects, integrates and evaluates using critical thinking when faced with problems, issues and challenges
- 8.2 – Recognizes and respects the physical, social, cultural, institutional and economic environments of the individual, group, community and population in practice
- 12.4 – Implements community-based and population-based programs and/or interventions in collaboration with stakeholders
- Betsy Anderson Steeves, PhD, RDN; Accelerating Food Security Fellow, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Lacey Baldiviez, PhD; Chief Impact Officer, Food Bank of Santa Barbara County
- Rachel McCandless, MSH, RDN; VP of Health and Nutrition, Feeding Northeast Florida
- Ashley Robbins, MS, RDN; Training Coordinator & Dietitian, School Nutrition Services, North East Independent School District
Slide Handout: Download the slides for this webinar.
CPEU: Complete this form after watching the webinar to earn 1.5 CPEU.
- This activity is approved for 1.5 CPE by the Academy and CDR.