The Food as Medicine Retail Nutrition Framework was designed to help RDNs leading Food as Medicine efforts in food retail settings to expand the impact of food retailers to support health and well-being for their customers, employees, communities and environments they serve.
The Food as Medicine Retail Nutrition Landscape white paper includes:
- Background of the concept of Food as Medicine, the role Food as Medicine plays in health, and the importance of Food as Medicine in food retail settings
- Current landscape of retail health and well-being
- Food as Medicine program models and implications within food retail health and well-being platforms
- Food as Medicine Retail Nutrition Framework for program development, including focus areas, target shoppers, and recommended program models
- Key elements for building successful Food as Medicine programs
- Case examples of current successful Food as Medicine retail models
Interested in learning more about Food as Medicine and implementing the retail nutrition framework? Access a PDF of the Food as Medicine Retail Nutrition Landscape white paper by completing a short form.