Affiliate Fundraising Champions are volunteer positions, working at the state/affiliate level, with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and its staff to create awareness and raise money for the Foundation Annual Fund to support its scholarship, award and grant programs.
This page provides resources for you, our Foundation Fundraising Champions, to help you accomplish your goals in terms of creating awareness for the Foundation and conducting creative and successful fundraising campaigns in your state. Thank you for working with us to accomplish our mission, together we are advancing public health and nutrition by utilizing the expertise of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists!
Goals for Affiliate Fundraising Champions
- Request a donation from the Affiliate itself that challenges, encourages or motivates its individual members to match or contribute as well.
- Encourage individual members to contribution to the Foundation when completing their membership renewal or responding to a Foundation appeal.
- Host at least one fund raising event a year that can create awareness for the Foundation and get new donors involved.
Marketing and Awareness Goals:
- Organize an Academy Foundation booth at your Affiliate Annual Meeting
- Show a Foundation video at your Annual Meeting or share with your members throughout the year
- Create an Academy Foundation page or section on your Affiliate website or in your newsletter and utilize Foundation resources for fresh content
- Highlight Foundation recipients in your state through your website, social media or newsletter
- Encourage individual members to participate in and utilize Academy Foundation programs and resources
- Encourage individual members to participate in Foundation events at FNCE®®
- The Foundation is the only 501 (c) 3 public charity dedicated exclusively to our profession, supporting nutrition and dietetics and helping to create a world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
- The Foundation does not receive any portion of member dues and is funded solely by donations. The success and impact of our programs and services are directly attributed to the generous support of our donors.
- The Foundation invests in the current and future generation of food and nutrition practitioners as the world’s largest provider of dietetic scholarships at all levels of study.
- The Foundation makes an impact individually with Academy members, and collectively throughout the profession and around the globe with our scholarships, awards, fellowships, research grants, public nutrition education programs and disaster relief efforts.
- Gifts to the Annual Fund and Second Century Member Campaign are equally important. Gifts to the Annual Fund supports the Foundation’s areas of greatest and immediate needs, while a gift to the Second Century Member Campaign invests in the future of our profession and supports strategic priorities such as sustainability, hunger and malnutrition. Please continue to support the Annual Fund each year when you renew your Academy membership online and commit to a one-time, significant gift to the Second Century Campaign.
- Your gift to the Second Century Member Campaign invests in the future of our profession and supports strategic priorities such as sustainability, hunger and malnutrition. We are addressing these priorities through collaborative efforts that make a tremendous impact, empowering Academy members to optimize global health with tools, research and model programs that are helping to solve the greatest global food and nutrition challenges now and in the future.
Resources for Affiliate Fundraising Champions